Monday, February 20, 2012

2012 Ethiopia Mission Trip - Day 6b

After breakfast, we all retired to my lodge's little "parlor" for our worship service.  It turned out that we were in a Muslim area of the country, so we did not worship in the outdoors, but had a lovely service indoors.  I gave a short homily on Matthew 6:7-15, and then we used the call and response version of the Lord's Prayer with our Ethiopian friends.  They joined in and it was beautiful.  We followed with a 3-part round (Father, I Adore You). Dannette, Jo and I led the three parts and, again, it was truly lovely and worshipful.  Our Ethiopian friends taught us a song called Misgana, which means praise.
Leading worship in the parlor of our lodge.

This ended our time in Awash Park. It was a wonderful time of fun, fellowship and bonding, and the boys from Peace House (6 of the kids) had never had such an opportunity before, so it was truly very special for them.

On the way back to Addis this afternoon, we stopped in Nazareth to let my boy Ashenafi out to go home.  Just an hour or so beyond there, in Dukem, we stopped to let my boy Million go home.  Then we continued on our way back to the big capital city of Addis Ababa.

My boys...Million and Ashenafi.  They met each other for the first time on this trip to Awash National Park.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that song and those smiling faces. What a beautiful country and what glorious people. I left my heart in Ethiopia.

    ReplyDelete