Saturday, November 19, 2011

Even Children Need to Eat!

Imagine, when my brother and sister were barely more than toddlers, they had to find their way in the world.  While most children were eating spaghettios and hot dogs, Susie and Doug were hunting for small game.  Just look at this lucious bunch of squirrels they'd be preparing for a grateful family later that night!  Ummmmm...


When I came along, the folks were a little less trusting about putting a firearm in my hands, so they sent me off with rod and reel to bring home the bac...er' fish.  Seeing as I was not so fond of the smelly, slimy creatures, I did the wet, dirty work of catching them, but used the good common sense God gave me and donned gloves before I'd touch 'em.  I always thought cows were more suitable fare, but they told me the brown trout was delicious.


Now, all these years later, I steer clear of squirrel and fish.  But I still gotta survive, right?  So I eat Ethiopian food with my good friends in Addis Ababa.  Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Karen...sometime I hope to eat some Ethiopian food.

    ReplyDelete