Saturday, February 5, 2011

My friend is a Wissionary

I just learned that my friend Steve is a practicing Wissionary.  I traveled with Steve and about 50 others to Ethiopia three years ago.  I spent time with him in conversation, in playtime with children, and even in prayer.  We ate together and laughed together.  We chatted online.  I smiled at pictures of him with his children and wife.  Still, I never knew he was a wissionary...never, that is, until last night.

You see, after visiting Ethiopia along with me and many other Compassion International child sponsors, Steve visited Jamaica with a mission team.  More recently,  he jetted off to the Dominican Republic with his daughter and still more Compassion sponsors.  Steve is an engineer by day.  He holds a responsible job and supports a loving family, but in the back of his mind, not some of the time but all of the time, Steve never waivers from the desire to share God's love with people near and far.  As he says, he's just a normal guy "wishing to be a better missionary."  He's a Wissionary!

You know what?  I think I'm a wissionary too.

No comments:

Post a Comment